The Baratha Creations
The Baratha Creations Company has made and installed many prestigious sculptures around the world. We have expanded to stainless steel fabrication, glass work, wooden carving, painting, statures and interior design work with installation.
We use the ‘Italian Lost Wax Method’ in sculpture making and specialized techniques in statue and other artwork forms. In our foundry we regularly make statues, relief artwork, mural artwork and a variety of sculptures such as live animal sculptures made from various materials such as bronze, copper, brass, aluminum, stone and resin.
Our work first began through a number of projects which involved manufacturing and installing wax sculptures in Sri Lanka. Since then, our creative director Baratha Kumara have been expanding, and have been involved in a lot of prestigious projects around the world.
- All types of sculpts
- Buddha Statues
- Animal Statues
- Head Statues
- Set Design
- Costume Design
- Lecturing & Consulting Services
Follow Baratha Creations
Creations and Sculptures
- Creations in the movie ‘Sri Siddhartha Gauthama’ as an art director.
- The Buddha statue and other art work in Sri Sambuddha Jayanthi Mandiraya.
- Sculptures at Elephant Corridor Hotel.
- Dr. C.W.W. Kannangara statue at piliyandala Central College.
- Dr. C.W.W. Kannangara statue at Minuwangoda Central College.
- Statue of former president Mr. J.R.Jayawardene at the Headquarters of Jathika Sevaka Sangamaya.
- Statue of Mr. M.J.C. fernando in front of Bauddha Mandiraya, Moratuwa.
- Statue of Mr. D.M.Dassanayake in front of his residence at Anamaduwa.
- Statue of former minister Mr. Dharmasena ATygalle near Kesbewa lake.
- Bust of late Mr. D.A.Rajapakse at D.A.Rajapakse stadium, Beliatta.
- Bust of late Mr. D.A.Rajapakse at Presidential Secretariat.
- Bust of Ven. Gangodawila Soma in front of Highlevel Plaza, Gangodawila.
- Chief Monk’s statue at Handigama Temple.
- Bust of Lion Governor Nimal Lokuge at his residence at Bokundara.
- Statue of poet Sagara Palansiriya.
- Bust of former minister Mr. Harold Kularatne.
- Bust of former minister Mr. Dharmadasa Banda.
- Bust of Dr. E.W.Adikaram.
- Chapter House at Delthara Temple.
- Completion of Dharmaraja Temple, Hambanthota.
- Buddha statues and lion sculptures at chapter house, Parewi duwa, Matara.
- The two lion sculptures at Mahinda Wijesekera Stadium, Matara.
- Creation of a gem mine and sifting gemstones at Premadasa Jewellers, Kandy.
- 500 statues of Buddhist disciples are presently being created at a Ratnapura temple.
- Renovation of the shrine room of Bandaranayake International Airport, Katunayake.
- Bronze bust of former Army Commander, General Denis Perera at Kotalawala Defence University.
- Statue of Colnel Lafir at Diyatalawa Army Camp.
- Bust of war heroes Rasanga and Bandara at Boyagane Army Camp.
- As a design instructor of Dilmah Tea company, joining the project to design souvenirs with indigenous people of Dambana.
- Dr. C.W.W. Kannangara statue, Kannangara Memorial, Lulbaddawa.
- The statue of former minister Danny Hiththetiya at Makandura.
Sculpted Buddha Statues
- Sudampaya Temple, Ingiriya.
- Neelammahara Ancient Temple, Neelammahara.
- Gangarama Temple, Werahera.
- Bodhirajapura Temple, Werahera.
- Sanasa studies Institute, Kegalle.
- Sasthra Villiya Temple, Kekirawa.
- Puhulwella, Matara.
- Thihagoda Temple.
- Yamunaramaya, Kirulapana.
- A Statue on Matara Road, Narahenpita.
- Ancient Temple, Ambalanthota (Ambalanthota Raja Maha Viharaya).
- Saddharmarama Temple, Thumbowila.
- Nandaramaya, Soyzapura.
- Elpitiya Pirivena.
- Novice Monk Training Centre, Katukeliyawa.
- Seethala Diya Sevana Temple, Makuluduwa.
- Dharmaraja Temple, Hambanthota.
- Kande Viharaya, Kataragama.
- Buddha statues and other decorations at Somawathi Dagoba, Polonnaruwa.
- Buddha statues at Soyzapura, Rathmalana.
- Buddha Statue at Halmillewa Temple, Anuradhapura.
- Weera Kobbekaduwa Temple, Putlam.
- Thapowanaya, Rajagiriya.
- Batuwandara Junior School.In a temple at Mahiyanganaya.
- Viharamahadevi Pirivena, Elpitiya.
- Statues of Eighty Great Disciples, Gokarella.
- Statues of Eighty Great Disciples, Farm Garden Temple, Ratnapura.
- Statues of enlightened monks, Weragala Temple, Kurunegala.
- Designing a water fountain at Bellanwila Temple.
- Shrine Room and other decorations, Hansagiri Devalaya, Haleliya.
Biography of Baratha Kumara Liyanage
- Somaweera Chandrasiri College – Piliyandala
- Dharmaraja College – Piliyandala
- Central College – Piliyandala
- Bachelor of Fine Arts.(BFA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Archaeology
- Followed a course on pattern Design at National Institute of Design,(NID) India
- Served as the Senior Design Editor at National Design Centre for 10 years.
- Served under a foreign pattern Design instructor from 1988 to 1997.
- Taught in the University of Fine Arts for 4 year as a Lecturer and 10 years as a Visiting lecturer.
- Served as a visiting lecturer for the Design Course conducted by University of Moratuwa.
- Served as a visiting lecturer at The Geography Department, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- Served as a lecturer of the Design Course of National Design Centre.
- Served as a founder lecturer at Kajugama Souvenir Replica School.
- Served as a teacher of the Ceramics Course Organized by the Ministry of Industries, Western Provincial Council and Jeica Institute.
- Serves as a design institutor in “Visithuru” Exhibition 2014 Organized by National Crafts Council.
- Serves as a judge in The National Handicrafts Competition conducted by National Craft Council.
- Has conducted many workshops with handicraftsmen all over Sri Lanka for many years as a resource personnel for handicrafts workshops conducted by Industrial Development Board of Ceylon.
- Served as the chief artist and cartoonist at The Sunday Times.
- Served as an artist at ‘Wijaya’ children’s paper.
- Served as a design instructor at Kent institute.
- Served as an instructor at ‘Salruk’ factory, Dankotuwa (A ceramic export institution).
- Served as a designer and a design instructor at Art Decoration International.
- Served as a sculptor in hotel projects undertaken by D2 Creators, architects.
- Served as a sculptor and a designer in projects undertaken by Design Cues, architects.
- Served as an artist at Ven. Veragoda Sarada’s Buddhist Centre, Singapore.
- Served as a teacher in Apt Art Achadamy.
- Served as a designer and a sculptor at Anuradha Ceramics.